We had the pleasure of bumping into Victoria, owner and founder of Frog Orange. Victoria is of course a Mum, and passionate about keeping active, designing the ultimate amphibious baby carrier, to being a great role model and enabling parents to be active with their young families. We love this idea so much that we asked Victoria to share her tips and tricks with us.
Hi! this is me, Victoria from Frog Orange. I have a true passion and connection with the water and love getting to the beach as often as I can. Sea shells, sand dunes, and salt water swims are hallmarks of my passion for the outdoor life and it’s now all part of my job as owner of family lifestyle brand, Frog Orange. I had three girls in three and half years and the only way I could take them all to the beach or pool safely by myself is to put my baby in a Frog Orange
So, here are my top 5 tips for taking a toddler & baby to the beach:
- Apply sunscreen before you leave. If you wait till you get to the beach your toddler will take off before you can apply it properly. Australian guidelines recommend that you also reapply sunscreen every 2 hours even if water resistant. Hats off to you if you make it past the 2 hour mark!
- Don’t be fooled by the swimming nappies they don’t keep much in, so if you’re heading to the beach in the car or pusher, put it on at the last minute OR carry your baby there in a Frog Orange (it’s a fully functional infant carrier safety tested to European standards as there are no standards in Australia) – if they have an accident en-route, simply take it for a swim or put it in the washing machine when you get home! No sweat.
- Take hats with a drawstring tie so that they don’t blow off constantly and are not easily removed by little hands.
- Consider a neoprene float vest or pool noodle for your toddler.
- Of course, put your baby in a Frog Orange to ensure your hands are free when in the water. This takes the stress out of beach fun so you can have your baby safely facing you, your hands free to help your toddler and aid your own mobility in the uncertain ocean. If you're lucky, your baby might even fall asleep.
Thanks for sharing all these great tips for going to the beach!
Finally, where can we find you?
Frog Orange website is .... https://frogorange.com.au/
Instagram handle is.... https://www.instagram.com/frogorangebaby/
If you would like to contact Victoria you can do so here.... email@example.com